Tuesday, February 26, 2013

one and only DIY


So maybe there are times that I feel crafty.  I would sew something.  I would glue something.  I would doodle something.

I do these silly things for fun.  A little less serious than cooking for me.

For our wedding I get asked a lot if I would do anything DIY and my constant reply would be I'd let the professionals do it.  

I don't intend to stay up nights before cutting, sewing or glueing something.  What I'd love to do instead is spend time with my family and my future family.  Maybe hang out with friends too.  Not serious hobby-ing.  It would probably take the fun away from craft too!

I also never intended to do a pre-nuptial photo shoot.  Maybe because I get so used to seeing images that do not resemble the couple in real life that I sort of shrug off the idea.

It's not me.  

---

Nearing our big day, I was reminded that I needed to get our Save the Date out.

Okay.

(Thinking while playing with my thumbs.  Like Butters.)

---

A friend volunteered to take our photos because he had always been waiting to do a shoot with real lights.  That was him saying that I needed to find proper lights.

And I did.  A colleague willingly lent me hers.
self sufficient :)

Come the shooting day, my someone and I prepared by ordering pizza and beer.  With a freezer full of ice and a bottle of Jack, we were ready to shoot.

I wonder if we were all just making an excuse to hang out.  Not that we needed one.

mission accomplished

something Jops said...
I must say that not only am I ecstatic about the photos, it was a night that I'd remember for a very long time.  I trust that it would be something we would talk about over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I believe, we created a new classic.
good times :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that guy with the hawaiian garlands looks familiar hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...